Saturday, June 27, 2009

No More Sugar...


Piece of cake... Not! Okay, here's the deal, err plan. I'm teetering on the idea of doing a sugar fast for (gasp) 21 days!! Holy sh*t.. What am I thinking? I'm sure I'll be kicking myself come Monday, but as I've stated before- I love a challenge, and this could very well be life or death.

So far I've read day 3-6 are the hardest. I will be tired, cranky, etc. If I survive the first 6 days it's supposed to get easier. The energy levels start to go up, but the cravings probably won't subside until around day 17. Oh joy- this is sounding better and better- want to join me?

Why am I doing this? I have an addiction, and it's not cocaine. Sugar gets me through the day. I'm an emotional person and an emotional eater. I always turn to sugar. It is my friend- my best friend. I also want to lose 10 more pounds. I work out on a regular basis, and it makes me mad knowing it takes 10 minutes to burn the 2 chocolates I had before I got on the treadmill this morning.

What do I hope to learn from this experience? I hope to come out of this with a little self control for one thing. How awesome would it be to have ice-cream in the freezer for more than 24 hours!?! I also hope to learn to reach for more nutritional foods when I'm hungry.

I'm going to need a few things from anyone reading this as well.. SUPPORT! This might very well be the hardest thing I've ever done. Luckily it's not forever.. Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment