Friday, May 29, 2009

Montessori School



 A few weeks back, Jim, Oliver and I went to check out the Montessori School.  We decided to meet the teachers and let Oliver explore the classrooms.  We left with an application, which has been sitting on my desk for over a week.  Last night I finished filling it out, and that's when it occurred to me... My lil man is going to school in the fall! Okay, so he'll only be 18 months... but he is so ready.  The child is a total sponge.  He's not even in grade school, and I'm already worried I won't be able to keep up when it comes to academics.  He absolutely amazes me with how much he understands.  I am ecstatic just thinking about all the amazing new things he's going to learn this year.  I can just picture him with his oversized book-bag on his back, lunch box in hand, and a cute little baseball cap on his handsome little head.  One word- PRECIOUS!  I wonder if he'll have a crush on any girls in the class or if he'll want to trade sandwiches with his buddies at lunch.  I wonder if he'll be outspoken or more reserved, or if he'll cry more than me on the first day of school?  Wow, I AM that Mom, aren't I?



For those of you interested in knowing more about the Montessori school, check out the videos on this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment