Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


Well, I've been a slacker... but like they say, there's no time like the present to get back on the blogger wagon. So here goes.

Wow, what a wonderful weekend we had. It was my 2nd Mother's Day, and I couldn't have asked for more. We spent it at the beach with my family and we all got lots of sun and relaxation. Oliver enjoyed playing in the sand. I think he would have stayed out there all day if we had let him. Saturday morning Mom and I went for a jog on the beach. I jogged 7+ miles, (that's the longest I've ever run) and I felt great afterwards. Jim made a DELISH meal Saturday evening that we all pigged out on. Jim and Oliver surprised me with my very own iPhone. I had no idea, and I cannot wait to get it hooked up.  My friends will be so glad to know I will now have a phone that actually works!! Speaking of friends, when we got home Sunday evening I was surprised yet again by a bouquet of lilies and irises from my friend Jenn Shaw. It made my day.

I love being a mommy.  I can recall saying that a lot, but it's so true. It's definitely not easy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Oliver teaches me new things every day about myself, and he helps me strive to be better in everything I do. Most importantly, he has shown me how to live in  the NOW. Life is so much more enjoyable that way. I am also so thankful to have a Mom that loves me and helps me as I go down this road of mommyhood.  I couldn't do it without her. (Love you Mom!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie! My first time reading your blog. Very nice! You might want to check out: niedialogues.blogspot.com/

    It belongs to Stephanie Nielson in Utah. They young mother & father who were in a plane crash last August. I'm sure Laurie mentioned it, as they set up her grafts. NieNie is an amazing young woman with 4 kids & recouping from terrible burns. Di

    ReplyDelete