Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where to begin


Lately I've had so much on my mind.  For those of you that don't know, we are remodeling an old 70's house in Apex and I'm dying to get my hands on it to start decorating.  What's disappointing about all this is I don't feel like I have the time to really research the pieces I want, the colors, the fabrics, etc.  I'm not the "copy what you see from the store or magazine" kind of girl.  I like unique pieces, preferably vintage- always have always will.  I have this grand plan of sewing lots of pillows and curtains with one of a kind fabrics, and finding furniture that you would think was made to be in our home.  Again there are many obstacles..  Time being the biggest, and money being the other.  I'm all about a good deal, too  There's just something rewarding about finding an amazing piece of furniture or anything for that matter at a great price.  So with that all being said, don't expect to come walking into our new home and seeing it all complete the day after we move in.  This is going to take us months if not years.  Luckily I enjoy the process as much as the final product.
Here's a picture of the house when we bought it.  And on the right is what we've done (so far) to the right side of the home.  We added a 2nd story and porch off our master bedroom.  They just completed the stone work on the front of the house- I'm in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment