Monday, October 5, 2009

Yes, Please

Ah, politeness is making a come back.

On Friday, Oliver and I were walking down the hall at Oliver's school hand in hand, and a boy who was probably 7 or 8 saw us coming and ran over to get the door for us. How sweet and polite is that?! When we got to the door Oliver stopped and I told the boy thank you. Oliver had a big smile on his face and quietly said "hi". It was incredibly cute.

On an even cuter note, Saturday Oliver spent the day with Mimi while Dad, Jim, and I worked at the house. When I got home Mom told me that Oliver said "Thank you" (clear as day) when she gave him his milk. I was floored and was dying to hear him say it to me. So Sunday Morning I gave him a waffle, and lo and behold a "thank you" came right out of his sweet little mouth. I got all excited, clapped and said "YOU"RE WELCOME BUDDY!" I know he thinks I'm crazy, but I don't care. I have the cutest and most polite little guy in the whole world.

"Politeness is good nature regulated by good sense."- Sydney Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment