Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Coughs, Sniffles, and Allergies.. Oh My!

Ugg........

For the last 2 weeks Oliver has been struggling with his allergies. I took him in 2 weeks ago for his flu shot and to have his congestion looked at to make sure he wasn't getting sick, and the Dr. confirmed it was allergies. Then we went to the beach last week, and it got worse. We upped his allergy medicine (Zertec), but it didn't help at all. He is fine during the day, but at night he coughs and coughs. So today I took him in again to make sure the fluid hadn't gotten down to his chest and to make sure all this congestion hadn't caused another ear infection. Luckily, nothing had changed, it was all still in his throat, no ear infection, and we're still just dealing with allergies. I'm super relieved his isn't sick or contagious, but he's still feeling yucky because he can't breathe. So the great Dr. Lopez gave us samples for 4 different meds to try and see which works the best for him. I really hope it helps- I hate seeing him feeling yucky (itchy eyes and a runny nose is the worst), and I'm tired of getting the stink eye from strangers who think I'm taking my son out in public sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment