Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's the Simple Things

This evening I went outside to bring the trash/recycle cans in (I know, I live an exciting life) and this lady slowed down in front of the house and pulled up our driveway. She introduced herself as one of our neighbors down the road and handed me a boat load of chocolate chip cookies with a blue bag and crayon colored heart taped on the front. She said she had tried dropping this off before, but we weren't home. She went on to tell me her 11 year old daughter made them to welcome us to the neighborhood. Precious.
The people in our neighborhood have been so kind. From all the goodies, offers to go for afternoon walks, to calling to see how Oliver was doing when he was sick- we have felt so welcomed...

Good thing too, cause I'm not moving again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment