Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

Theodor Seuss Geisel


In your honor, my family ate Green eggs, sans the ham.  We read your books (like we do every night) and shared your quotes with friends and family.  Thanks for being a part of my childhood and now my son's.


Happy Birthday To You! ~ Dr. Seuss
"If we didn’t have birthdays,
you wouldn’t be you.
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you do?
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you be?
You might be a fish!
Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a doorknob!
Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full of
hard green tomatoes."
"Or worse than all that…Why,
you might be a WASN’T!
A Wasn’t has no fun at all.
No, he doesn’t.
A Wasn’t just isn’t.
He just isn’t present.
But you…You ARE YOU!
And, now isn’t that pleasant!"
"Today you are you!
That is truer than true!

There is no one alive...
...who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, “I am lucky
to be what I am!
Thank goodness I’m not
just a clam or a ham
Or a dusty old jar of
sour gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That’s a
great thing to be!
If I say so myself,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!”

1 comment:

  1. FYI- use some spinach for added nutrition, throw in some eggs and wala, green eggs! :)

    ReplyDelete