Monday, January 3, 2011

I've Been Informed..

Tonight Oliver told me, "I want a baby bruuder."  So that opened up the baby conversation with my almost 3 year old son, and I was pretty proud of myself on how the right words started flowing out of my mouth, especially since it was sprung on me out of nowhere.  I told him Mommy and Daddy make a baby and the baby would grow in Mommy's tummy.  Well, Oliver wasn't having any of that.  He said, "no Mommy, I do not want my baby bruuder in your tummy."  Opps, now he probably thinks I'm going to eat his baby bruuder.  So I quickly changed where I was going with that and said, "but what if you get a baby sister? We don't get to pick whether or not we get a baby girl or boy."  He thought for a minute and just smiled.  I wonder what he was thinking.
Please keep in mind this came out of nowhere.  I am not pregnant, so let's not go there.
Hopefully Oliver will be a big brother some day to a happy baby bruuder or sister, but I really hope when I am pregnant he doesn't think I ate the baby.

1 comment: